Friday, November 2, 2012

News!

I received some great news today!

My Transplant Coordinator, Mayra, called me this afternoon. She had met with the Transplant Medical Director to discuss my case.

Because I won't turn 50 until January, my insurance apparently will not cover the colonoscopy. Because of that, the Medical Director gave the authorization for me to be placed on the "Inactive Transplant List" so that I can begin accruing time on the list while I wait for my birthday. In the mean time, I need to get the Dental Clearance finished.

Once the two requisites are out of the way, I will be placed on the "Active Transplant Recipient" list and my accrued time will put me further up the list.

Then, I need to do the double Nephrectomy so that all healing can occur should a kidney become available--or a living donor is all lined up.

Officially, the listing will happen early next week.

So, GREAT news for me!

It's been a long road thus far, but the light at the end of the tunnel just got a bit brighter!

Great Health to All!

ScottW



No comments:

Post a Comment