Thursday, November 15, 2012

15 November 2012

I had a follow-up visit with my Nephrologist yesterday--just a regular two month appointment to be sure he's on the same page as the dialysis center and the Transplant team.

My vitals all look great! My heart and lungs remain healthy, and he is pleased with how I am doing (overall) with the dialysis Tx's. He said, "Now that you're on dialysis, you are a very low maintenance patient." I will take that compliment!  :o)

I was also telling him about how painful both flanks [of my back] have become. He told me "that's because my kidneys are about this size (he holds his hands apart to indicate that they kidneys are about the size of a small football--or rugby ball for you international readers)." "Both of them?" "No, that would be each kidney!"

No wonder my back hurts so badly!  OUCH!!!

If that doesn't clearly illustrate why my kidneys will be removed, then I don't know how to better explain it.

Anyhow, everything is looking good. No changes in my meds in either dosages or individual meds. Unless something happens, he doesn't need to see me for three months, this time.

That's all I wanted to pass on.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment