Wednesday, May 30, 2012

30 May 2012

The passage of time has become so blurred to me that the six days that have passed since my last entry literally seem as if only one or two days have gone by.

I am having a difficult time remembering details today...

I'll start with my dreams. I had about a week in which my sleep seemed restless and more insufficient than normal. Then about five nights ago I awoke from having had what for me would be nightmares. My dreams were entirely revolving around loss of control, dire situations and death. During that nights' sleep I was able to wake myself enough to be able to again insert conscious messages into my subconscious. The messages I repeated as I fell back asleep were "I control my dreams!" or, "I am in control of my dreams! My dreams do NOT control me!" The rest of that night, and ever since, I am again in complete control of my dreams, and my sleep has been more restful.

Let's see...speaking of sleep, in spite of averaging about eight hours per night, plus varying lengths of daily naps, I am still pretty much exhausted every day. About the only good thing coming out of my sleep right now is the lack of cramps in my lower legs. I haven't had any in a week now. No complaints from me on this one!

My appetite is up and down. The good news is that I have eaten every day this last week. I will admit that most of the foods I am eating are just blah in appeal and flavor; but I am able to eat...which is definitely a good thing.

The headache...how many different ways are there to say the same damned thing about this long, long, long headache. On the subject of my headache, I had to make my neurology appointment further out than I had hoped. That appointment won't happen until July 11th.

The flank pain is constantly bilateral, 24/7. There are no intensely sharp pains that I have experienced in the past; just consistent pain with positional flareups, and sensitivity to anything poking into the area.

(Sorry...just fell asleep for about twenty minutes...)

That's all I can think of. If I try anymore I'll probably fall asleep again sitting up!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment