Thursday, May 24, 2012

24 May 2012

It's been eight days again, I'm exhausted, I am not thinking well, and yesterday was a really bad day [for me]. So let's get this done...

My appetite has continued to be an issue. In the eight days since my last entry, I had three full days during which I had nothing to eat. No snacks, no nibbling, nothing. I still drank my usual fluids, but had nothing to eat. As before, the mere thought of food was making me nauseated during that stretch. Luckily, I am eating again. Food intake continues to vary; but at least I am taking in fuel every day.

The bilateral flank pain has continued to be an issue 24/7. I have again taken pain meds specifically for the flank pain.

My headache just rages on. For the most part it is averaging a good 8.5. In the last week I have had several days of that going up to a solid 10.

The edema has been worse in my feet again, and moderate in my hands. Fresh contusions are on both ankles, as well as on the sides of both feet from the edemic pressure. I've tried to get a good photo of this, but have thus far been unsuccessful. If I get a good photo of my ankles I will post it here.

The ill feeling has been consistent. Yesterday was an exception to that as it reared up and hit me especially hard all day. Combined with the headache, flank pain, edema, and exhaustion added up to a, well...sucky day.

On the good side of everything, I am still doing well mentally, there is no blood in my urine, no ammonia crystallization, no obvious S/S's of any other systems being impacted, I am progressing nicely on my personal projects, and the vertigo remains suppressed from what it had been doing.

(I've been sitting here for ten minutes trying to focus on getting this done, but have completely forgotten whatever else I wanted to say.)

Good Health To All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment