Thursday, May 3, 2012

03 May 2012

A lot of time has passed since my last update. This is partially due to my being away from my computer for five days, as well as feeling really lousy for two more. We'll get to that later...

From the 25th through the 28th things were about normal for everything in regards to the S/S's. In other words, relentless headache, lots of flank pain, lots of peripheral edema (x4), nausea, etc. My energy seemed to be a bit better, as was my appetite. My sleep was all over the place though, and I had no idea why that would be.

On the evening of Saturday the 28th, I began a 3.5 day slide that was not fun. I began having uncontrolled diarrhea for no apparent reason. There were no special environmental changes, I didn't feel sick (like the flu), etc. It just started. By Sunday morning I had had 15 episodes in all--I know...I kept track. Full OTC doses of Imodium did nothing to abate the diarrhea either on Saturday or Sunday. Meanwhile, my flank pain had increased, my headache spiked to a solid 10, and my urine was incredibly smelly.

By the time Sunday night rolled around, I'd had 24 episodes, my skin was turning gray, and I had zero energy. I was still not feeling like I had the flu, or anything else untoward. On Monday I decided to drink a half gallon (in total) of Smart Water, and eat nothing at all. By Monday evening, the diarrheal episodes had decreased in number to only 32 total. By Tuesday evening I still had eaten nothing, and the total episodes had dropped to only three more. As of tonight (late on the 2nd), I have had zero diarrhea all day, and have not even felt like it was developing.

So, it is finally over. Again, I have no idea as to the why of it. I do have a theory, however. That is that my body is trying to compensate for all the water it was carrying. It is possible that my body was simply discharging lots of edemic increase that my dying kidneys could not filter out. That theory is in no way legitimized by any physician opinion. It is only my surmising one possible explanation.

However, as of this evening, the edema in both my legs and arms is decreased by about 70%.

Because of how I was feeling yesterday I did not get back to my chiropractor to further treat my R shoulder. Hopefully I will be able to get in soon.

The only other thing I want to report is that the bilateral flank pain is worse tonight than it has been in some time. I could even say it is competing with the headache for top pain producer. Bed awaits though, so maybe by the time I awaken the flank pain will have reduced.

That's all I can remember tonight.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment