Wednesday, May 16, 2012

16 May 2012

I know it has been six days again between blogs, and I have no excuse other than that I simply forgot to write any sooner.

Today I will start off talking about my appetite; or rather, the lack of my appetite. The stretch of eating between nothing and 1.5 cups per day has continued, but only downward. In the last six days I have probably averaged.75 cups of food per day. Until yesterday, I had eaten only a few small snacks over a three day period. Food was completely unappealing and was turning my stomach just thinking about. As far as I know I did nothing to precipitate this downturn in food intake. It simply happened. Yesterday was the exception. I actually ate a whole sandwich...but nothing else all day. At least I got some food in my belly. We'll see about today. So far I am not hungry.

The lower legs cramps have continued every night. I don't know why they are happening. I know that muscle cramps are caused by a buildup of lactic acid in the muscles, usually as a result of exercising, or other similar activity. Well, since I am definitely not exercising, going hiking, etc, I don't know why my lower legs are cramping up The cramps continue to awaken me each night. Rubbing the cramps only causes terrible pain, and stretching does no good at all. The only relief I have been able to get is by using muscle relaxing topical ointments like Sportscreme or Ben Gay Rub.

The headache goes on...and on...and on...and on... (enough said about that!)

Exhaustion is constantly an issue. I know that my not eating hasn't helped make it better, but still, it is always there in everything I do. My energy depletes faster than ever. I am walking around much of the time feeling as if I will fall asleep at any moment. As has my recent history shown, even nine or ten hours of sleep do nothing to alleviate the exhaustion.

The vertigo continues to be a reduced factor in my day to day. I haven't awoken to the room spinning in a couple of months now. Turning my head has not triggered the vertigo in a while. Riding in a car is still less impactful with the new vehicle--it still gets triggered; it just takes a lot longer to do so right now. I am still having random dizziness hit me whenever I walk so I am still using my cane outside the house, and still grabbing walls inside.

Bilateral flank pain remains a consistent issue. It is always there, always spiking for no reason and is still competing with my headache for being the most painful. I have again been taking T3's specifically for my flank pain.

On the positive side I still have no obvious blood in my urine, I am not feeling as if any other physical issues are going on (such as low blood sugar, cardiac palpitations, etc), there is zero ammonia crystallization on my skin, and I am doing quite well in the whole mental battle that is raging every day. I have a few people I speak with to get things out of my head, I have this blog, and I receive regular letters and other correspondences from many friends around the world. I appreciate everyone who helps me in this area.

That's all I can remember (or think of) for today.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment