Wednesday, April 4, 2012

04 April 2012

Alright folks, here's the latest...

Over the last two months, I had a drop in kidney function of 1.1%--down to 17.6%. This is positive movement. I've been hovering at 18+ for a year now, so this is good news.

My PTH (Parathyroid Hormone) level has returned to normal due to my taking the Zemplar three times per week. I am in decreased danger of developing hypercalcemia, therefore keeping the rest of my body fairly healthy.

My weight has increased to 243 (actual is 238 when accounting for the 5 lbs of titanium on my spine).
I don't have any idea how I actually gained weight given that I am not eating much.

My Hematacrit was up slightly to 33.8, as was the Serum Creatinine level to 39. All my other labs looked good, too. (I don't have exact numbers as I forgot to get a printout this time).

So, everything still appears to be all about my kidneys and the PCKD. Still no other organ involvement, or associated conditions--which is definitely good! As always, I will be on the lookout for signs and symptoms of renal insufficiency/failure. My next appointment is again in two months.

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. If I don't know the answer, I will research it and then get back to you. On we go...

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment