Tuesday, April 24, 2012

24 April 2012

Can you believe I am getting a blog done only three days after my last one?
Amazing, I know!

Well Sunday turned out to be a decent day. The headache actually wasn't too bad for most of the day, averaging a manageable 8. Towards the evening that changed, but at least I got somewhat of a break most of the day. The flank pain was bad all day; I couldn't change that at all even by shifting positions. By late Sunday evening the edema in my hands and feet had increased significantly. Rebound color was +3, but the skin rebound was over +20 minutes. The legs and feet were worse than the hands (as usual), but I did have edemic increase in the lower arms and fingers. I did NOT do a rebound test on my hands.

Then, I ended up sleeping a full nine and a half hours on Sunday night. However, on waking I was terribly groggy, and it took about two hours after waking to feel like I was awake. Monday ended up being OK, though I had zero energy, and got little done throughout the day. The edema retreated only slightly, and the headache spiked to a 9.5, but nothing out of what is now the ordinary.

Last night I slept fairly once again, getting about eight good hours of sleep out of about nine that I was in bed. One thing about my sleep that I don't believe I have ever elaborated on is my sleeping habits. Under normal circumstances I would never go to bed until I was ready to sleep. Once my head hit the pillow I would literally be asleep between 10-30 seconds. Any longer and I felt like I had insomnia. A normal person's 20 minute average to fall asleep was just so far out of my typical experience that I would get out of bed after ten minutes.
Then on waking I usually awaken quickly, and get out of bed almost immediately. Partly because of my lower back, and partly because that is what I have done my entire life. I always felt like I had too much to do that I could not justify laying around in bed.

Anyhow, even with as inconsistent as my sleep has been, I am still waking and getting right out of bed, and I rarely lay in bed for long trying to sleep. So, when I say that I got eight hours of good sleep in nine, that usually means I had about an hour of poor quality sleep; and NOT because I had trouble getting to sleep.

Today has been an OK day. I saw my chiropractor for a sore R shoulder that has been bothering me for a couple of months. We ended up doing light massage on the shoulder and the brachial plexus, as well as doing acupuncture on the area with attached micro current. As of this evening my shoulder feels about 40% better, and I have improved ROM (Range of Motion) in my R arm. I will do a second visit next Tuesday to see if we can finish treating the shoulder.

Other than that, my day has seen nausea on eating, my headache spike from 8-9.5, and the now usual bilateral flank pain.

I still have no obvious blood in my urine, have had zero kidney stones, nor is my skin developing any ammonia crystallization. My breath remains terrible. I decided to continue using mouthwash to combat this, and it is fairly effective. I have started using it right before bed, and this has decreased the nastiness in my mouth every morning by about 15%. Not a huge benefit [in the morning], but trust me...at least that flavor in my mouth has been chipped away if even a little bit.

That is about all I've got. Only three days is much easier to talk about rather than my usual six. Does that mean I'll get this done again in three more days? Doubtful, seeing as to how time just flies for me. But, I will try nonetheless.

Until next time,

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment