Friday, April 13, 2012

13 April 2012

Well, five days have passed, it's time to do an entry, and I am feeling particularly yucky this morning. I really don't like writing my blog when I'm feeling especially lousy because my optimism is down, my verbiage is limited and it's just hard to think of anything good. Nevertheless, if I allow many more days to pass--which will happen seemingly in the blink of an eye--then this entry becomes really tough to write because so much time has passed. So...
Let's get on with it.

Starting with the good:

-My appetite has been up this week. I estimate my total daily intake at 1.5-2 cups/day. I still don't crave any food in particular; I am just able to eat more than my usual. Nor is food tasting as it normally would. As to why I am eating more, I have no idea. I'm just glad I can eat a little more right now. Food is always a good thing!  ;o)

-The vertigo continues to be minimal. I haven't woken to any spinning in several weeks now; nor have I experienced the spinning when doing anything--waking or sleeping. I will definitely take that!

-The edema in my legs and hands has been less this whole week. Again, I have absolutely no idea as to why, but you'll find no complaints from me.

-The cramping in my lower kegs has decreased significantly. I still get them every day; I just don't get the muscle freezing, painfully severe cramps that I had been experiencing.

The not so good:

-I continue to have twice daily episodes of diarrhea. It is still controlled each day with Imodium.

-The ill feeling has been making a strong resurgence. I have done nothing [that I am aware of] to precipitate the increase. With everything else going on, I am having a tough week just because this is stronger than it has been in a week or so.

-My energy, in spite of my increased food intake, has been zilch. What energy I do have is used quickly every day. The other day I was doing grocery shopping and decided to walk instead of using a cart. Well, about five minutes in, I began feeling a swift energy drain, just like I've described before. Within about a minute I was thoroughly exhausted, I had to sit, and my flank pain had increased to very painful. My wife went and got a cart for me so we could continue shopping. It was not a fun experience.

-Sleep has been an issue all week. I haven't had a good night of sleep for over a week. I don't know why that is. My dreams have been controllable, my bed is extremely comfortable. I am just restless every night, and unable to get uninterrupted sleep. I can't figure out why the change from what had been great sleep for a while before this.

-The headache has had a few days of being a bit better, and a few days of being really bad. On the days it has improved [to about a 7], I have enjoyed the little break. My T3 usage reflects this, too as I actually went three extra days over what I would normally use in two weeks. Small victories!


The unchanged either way:

-My urinary characteristics have stayed the same. The color is still lighter than it had been, the clarity remains better, the foaminess is still high, and there is no obvious blood, nor any kidney stones.

-I am still losing my balance when I walk, turn, etc. In the house I lean on the walls, grab counters and anything else so I don't fall. When outside, my cane saves me from numerous ground-level falls.

-The flank pain continues without a break. It is still flaring up with walking, or when I am in certain positions either laying, sitting or standing. Any bending over is always resulting in greater flank pain.

And that is all I can remember today.

Let's all hope for a great week ahead!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment