Thursday, May 19, 2011

19 May 2011

More of the same; and without a break.

That's really about the only way to describe the week up to this point. I awaken every day with my head just rockin. Nothing like downing a T3 as soon as you get up. (insert sarcasm...)  In spite of my periods of increased T3 usage, I am still averaging just 3.33 pills per day over the last month. Considering how my head feels all the time, I am a bit surprised that I am only taking that much.

The nausea has been relentless. On Tuesday night it hit me really hard out of nowhjere. I had to take a full dose in order to get it under control. While I waited [for that], I seriously thought I was going to have me second emetic episode; I got that close. I really do hate feeling like that; and even taking the Promethazine only alleviates the nausea. My gut is left tied in knots the rest of the day, and my body feels like poo. (sigh!)

The edema has seemingly increased to the point that I'm noticing a slight drop-off in the frequency of my urination. I'd guess it to be a 10% difference than a week or so ago. Additionally, the total volume has also seemed to be slightly less about 50% of the time. Given how my legs and hands are looking, I shouldn't be surprised. This is going on in spite of the diuretic I take on a daily basis. I'm also seeing a lots of what looks like bruising around both of my ankles (both sides). I'm sure this has something to do with edemic pressure on capillaries in the area. I'll report this to my doc next week.

My appetite is still terrible. For instance, today I've had nothing to eat; nor have I been hungry--and I've been awake for eight hours [at this point]. I also haven't been thirsty, and have drunk only around 20 oz. of fluids.

Exhaustion is now my constant companion. I usually sleep restlessly. On the occasion I sleep well and get say nine hours of sleep, I am still waking feeling like I've been awake for a day and have yet to sleep. This week my naps have run a steady 2.5 hours each at least once a day. These too leave me as exhausted as ever. Whether I take these naps in bed or in my recliner, the result is always the same.

I'll be doing labs tomorrow in preparation for next Wednesday's (25 May) monthly nephrology appointment. Based on how I've been feeling, I'm anticipating another drop. We'll see. I've thought that way before only to see a non-drop or even a rise in kidney function.

That's all I can think of right now, so I'll be on my way.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment