Thursday, March 24, 2011

24 March 2011

Today I get to do two things...

First, I'm doing a blood draw for next Monday's nephrology appointment.

Right after that I am going to see a vascular surgeon for the consult phase for having the AV Fistula surgery.

I'll let you know how these both go!

Also, the past five days have seen wide swings in how I've been feeling. The first two were just like the previous twenty plus...really nauseated, horrid headache, etc.

Then this last Tuesday I had a "breather" day. In other words, I didn't feel too bad, my headache was down, the edema was decreased, etc. These 'breather' days are a nice break once in a while. At the same time I was enjoying a better day, I was wondering what I'd be feeling like the next day.

Well, the answer was awful, once again. The day started out with my headache at a solid 9.5. This was followed by increased nausea, zero appetite, and a drastic increase of peripheral edema. Even my wife remarked how bad my legs looked. Plus, I was thoroughly exhausted from a tremendously poor sleep the night before.

So, that was my yesterday. Today I slept a solid 8.5 hours; awaking only because my back was really sore from laying in bed so long. My headache is ever-present, but the nausea is down. Peripheral edema has not decreased at all, and my edema check showed color at +5, and rebound at +15.

That's all for now because I need to get out the door for my two appointments. Again, I'll let you know what happens.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment