Saturday, March 19, 2011

19 March 2011

ANOTHER terrible week.

I haven't written in a week because I've only been trying to get through each day. I have felt terrible in just about every way possible. As bad as I've been feeling [up to this point], I know that things will just get worse.

I still haven't had a Promethazine-free day. That's now nearly 20 days in a row of taking at least one of the anti-emetics--and I usually have to take two or more doses per day. Since this latest episode began I haven't had a meal that I've actually enjoyed. I eat because it's food; and not because it tastes good. My appetite remains down. Feeling like I do certainly doesn't lend one to eating much.

My headache rages on. No real relief. I had two consecutive days that I was taking two T3's at a time in order to keep it under control. Not a fun couple of days. I have since gotten a handle on the headache and it is down to a 9 or so.

LOTS of vertigo and general dizziness.

My eyesight has been OK so long as I don't want to read anything. Even with my normal glasses (for reading--due to Ocular Divergence), I am having a difficult time with most reading. As has been the case [up til now], how I feel from day to day is how my eyesight goes.

My breathe has been atrocious. That's putting it mildly. Even after brushing I've constantly got a nasty taste in my mouth. Up close it obviously is noticed by others; though they are too courteous to say anything--which I appreciate. The ammonia smell and taste remain ever present. The cinnamon Altoids continue to help with that, at least.

My sleep has been just as unrestful as ever. I'm sleeping more because of the Promethazine increase, yet I continue to awaken as exhausted as when I went to sleep--if not more so. My naps are also leaving me without any real rest. As a result, my body is really dragging.

Body aches from head to toe continue. I haven't found anything that truly alleviates them.

My urine production and flow remain constant--which is a VERY good thing! No blood, no kidney stones,etc. I'll take that, at least!

In spite of my exhaustion and general feeling, my mind remains in a good place. I don't always come across with strength and confidence; but I continue to look forward to better days. It's interesting how I feel weak, find resolve, grow stronger [mentally], then feel worse--followed by weakness, strengthening and optimism, etc. If I felt this bad immediately--instead of over a period of time--I don't know that I'd be strong enough. As it is, I have the opportunity to grow stronger as each new intensity of feeling bad occurs. It really is amazing how strong, resilient and adaptive our minds are when facing a challenge such as I am now. In my previous medical studies, I constantly remarked how amazing the human body really is. That opinion is only strengthening as I go through this.

That is all for today. I'll try to make an entry sooner than a week. It'll just depend on how I;m feeling.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment