Wednesday, December 15, 2010

15 Dec. 2010

The exhaustion continues unabated.

Each of the past two nights--well...day times, for me--I've gotten eight and six hours of so-called sleep. I am awaking multiple times whenever I can actually sleep, leading to an increase in how tired I am. Plus, my frequent naps also continue to be of little avail towards helping alleviate the exhaustion.

For instance, last night (Tuesday) I napped on and off for nearly three hours late in the evening. This after I had only been awake for four hours. Since fully waking from that series of naps, I have dozed off several times, but always wake up after about fifteen minutes and cannot sleep longer. So, here it is 0724a (Wednesday). I'm exhausted, sleepy. Hopefully when I lay down (after writing this blog entry), I'll be able to finally sleep.

But, drifting off to sleep is its own issue. Every time I lay down my abdomen feels terrible. Not always nauseated, mind you; just...as if I've got an upset stomach that hasn't made me sick yet. (That's really the best I can describe it.) Anyway, it's always there when I lay down. Last "night" it was really bad and I took nearly an hour to fall asleep because of it. Nothing I have really helps reduce it--aside from the anti-emetic. But, you all know I don't take that unless I really have to. So, I take Tums and tolerate feeling that as I try to sleep.

Also, my headache had a nasty ramp-up last night. Out of nowhere it took off from its new normal of 8 up to a 9.5 withing about twenty minutes. I don't know why it did; but it took a total of three T3's (over a four hour period) to reduce the headache to a manageable level.

On the more sensitive side, I had already told you months ago about slight urinary incontinence that only occurs after urination. Most of the time I just wait longer to be sure nothing else from my bladder is still making its way out. This is rarely an issue so long as I make sure even the dribbling flow has stopped. So, over the last week or so I've noticed on numerous occasions that my normal waiting has not been sufficient. I think it's all out, only to be surprised by additional dribbling leakage after I've exited the restroom. This is extremely disconcerting, to say the least. I've already noted this for the next doctor visit in early January. *By the way, urinary incontinence (slight or strong) is a common S/S of the PCKD. Luckily for me, it has thus far been a pretty minor concern.

What else...

-The diarrhea has been minimal lately.(Thank goodness!)
-My appetite is still terrible.
-My total liquid consumption remains inadequate. (I'm still not thirsty...ever!)
-The blurriness of my vision has increased and stayed that way.
-Ammonia smell is everywhere; in everything. Ugh!
-My feet and hands feel frozen just about all of the time. I'm getting used to it; but anyone else touching my hands or feet feel just how cold they really are!
-My whole body remains cold, as well. Right now my house is at 74 degrees and I am cold!
-The dryness of my face and scalp continues. Nothing helps it.
-Vertigo, vertigo, vertigo...'nuff said.

That's everything I can think of right now. (Hey...I got a few things coherently written today!)

I'm off to try and sleep....

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment