Wednesday, December 8, 2010

08 Dec. 2010

Really rough Monday night.

My nausea had been held in relative check all day. At about 1130p I went from mild nausea to intense in about two minutes. I don't know what precipitated the sudden onset. My usual one meal of the day settled OK, and I had a good balance of liquids all day. The overwhelming nausea literally happened for no apparent reason.

Two tums did absolutely nothing to stem the rapid onset. So I downed a half dose of the anti-emetic. Even by this point (two minutes) it was too late to try and head off how I'd end up feeling. At 30 minutes I was still miserable, so I took another half dose Promethazine. (I think next time the onset happens like that that I should just take a full dose immediately!)

By the time an hour [since onset] had passed, I was finally getting comfortable. It took another hour beyond that to get the nausea calmed enough that I could actually sleep. In spite of the Promethazine my sleep was extremely restless, and I remember a number of times of waking just enough to feel the nausea, but was able to get back to sleep. Unfortunately, that went on all night.

I awoke after six hours of "sleep" feeling better, but having to put up with the side effects of the anti-emetic. Those side effects actually stayed with me most of the day. (I guess my kidneys aren't filtering too well these days!) But, at least I didn't have a lot of nausea most of the day...until Tuesday evening, that is. The good news is that tonight's episode didn't turn into a nasty time like Monday night.

The only other significant mention to day is my headache. It had been at a 8+ for the past few weeks--well, I think it's now inching closer to a consistent 8.5+. My head is pounding just about every second with little relief; even with using the T3's.

Anyway, I just wanted to mention this latest (and very sudden) bout of overwhelming nausea. It was definitely a new type and speed of onset. Not fun!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment