Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Very Personal Note

I just learned that my father died this morning at
approximately 0200a Central time.


His death was not unexpected due to having contracted prostate cancer,
as well as being burdened with advanced Alzheimer's disease.


Jerome Beryl W, a 3rd generation Swedish American;
Born 05 Aug. 1932 in Bertha, Minnesota.


He was a great father; my hiking companion; my friend. He taught me responsibility, thrift, an indomitable work ethic, strength of purpose,
photography, and a great love of the outdoors.


He also taught me that nothing is impossible so long as you believe,
pursue, and effort your very best at all times.


He was a father of six, a grandfather of eleven, and a great grandfather of eight.

He now joins my mother who herself died on 14 Feb. 2001.

05 Aug. 1932 - 03 Nov. 2010 (Age 78)

No comments:

Post a Comment