Monday, November 15, 2010

15 Nov. 2010

The small break is definitely over.

Friday found me dealing with a constant headache of an 8.5+, increased edema in my legs and hands, increased vertigo, decreased appetite and several bouts of diarrhea. Plus, I had slept poorly on Friday night, so i was exhausted all day Saturday.

Additionally [on Saturday], my appetite was non-existent. The only reason I ate anything was simply to put food into my body. Unfortunately, the small meal I made was so unappetizing that I literally had four bites and just couldn't stomach any more. That was the extent of my food intake for all of Saturday.

However, on Saturday night, I had my worst night of sleep yet. I laid down for sleep at 0300a, but couldn't get to sleep until after 0400a. What followed was just terrible rest. I would awaken after 30-45 minutes, then not be able to get back to sleep for at least 15 minutes. This went on for all of 3.5 hours when I woke up and couldn't get back to sleep at all. Over the course of all day Sunday, I got naps totaling all of about 1.5 hours; and even then, what sleep I got was as fitful as earlier. I finally went to sleep at 10p last night; but only slept for 3.75 hours before again waking and not being able to get back to sleep--again--this morning at 0145a.

On top of that, I've had a headache since waking yesterday that has been at a constant 9.5. Even T3's were barely keeping the headache in check. I know a part of the intensity of the headache is my lack of sleep (all of 8.75 hours over the last two days); but not being able to get quality sleep is really taking its toll both mentally, and physically.

Besides being utterly exhausted on Sunday (in addition to the headache), I again had zero appetite. I did eat one small BLT sandwich; but even though it initially sounded good, actually eating it proved to be difficult. Right now, it seems as if everything is unappetizing. No reason as to why, it just is. Hopefully, this will pass soon; because I need food in my body; fuel to keep it operating as best it can.

So, here I'm going into Monday, exhausted beyond anything I have yet experienced, headache raging, edema increasing, and not being able to get any quality sleep. Not the best of days. I'm trying to be positive in this entry--and I know that I'm failing miserably--because my mind is still in a strong, positive place, even though my body is betraying that.

So, let me simply conclude with telling you that, in spite of my utter exhaustion, intense headache and almost complete lack of food over the last two days, I remain upbeat, mentally unbowed, and ready to face the coming day. After all, I've got my grand kids coming by this afternoon, and they always lift my spirits!

So, that's all for now. There was something else I wanted to tell you; but I have completely forgotten. In light of that, I hope all of you, my readers, have very successful, fulfilling and rewarding few days ahead!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment