Sunday, March 28, 2010

28 March 10

Things have actually improved a little.

The increased nausea and discomfort have subsided to a better level (Thank goodness!). About two days ago I noticed that eating wasn't as challenging, and that I was actually eating more than I had been for two weeks.

A small victory to be sure; but a welcomed one!

My headache on the other hand, continues to pound every day...all day. Now almost twenty weeks in duration, I continue trying to get it to stop; but to no avail. My PT doc is mystified about it as well. This past week the pain level has been a constant 6 on my scale.

The ammonia I smell at all times now has instances of being acutely strong; so much so that I actually plug my nose for about a minute just so I don't have to smell the intense odor. This seems to help the intensity ease up. That result is probably just coincidental, but I'll take it any way I can get it.


The weather here continues to warm as Spring sets in. My body still doesn't seem to notice, though. This is one S/S that doesn't vacillate at all. So, I remain cold.


I was looking through the website of the National Kidney Foundation and came across a cookbook designed specifically for dialysis patients and their families. It has all sorts of great info and tons of recipes. I'm going to start using it even though I'm not yet on dialysis simply because healthy, nutritionally dense eating is NEVER a bad thing. You should take a look at the website. The recipe book is under 'Patients--Dialysis--Nutrition, Diet--Living Well on Dialysis: A Cookbook for Patients and their Families.' You can either download individual recipes, or the entire cookbook.

That's all for today. All in all, a fairly upbeat entry.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment