Saturday, March 6, 2010

06 March 10

A slight change for the better!

I've been on the Pepcid Complete for over a week now and my appetite is up a little. Though the nausea is by no means gone, I can actually eat now without waves of nausea crashing down upon me. My daily food intake has changed. I am eating fewer times every day; but when I eat, I am taking in at least 3 cups of food at a time.
I still end up nauseated, but [most of the time] it comes on after I'm finished eating (instead of while I'm eating). Plus, I am no longer having the terrible heartburn at night. (YAY!!!!!) So, I'm eating around 6-8 cups of food per day...every day. I'm still nauseated most of every day; but the fact that I'm eating is such great news!

The headache marches on. 16+ weeks now. No relief in sight.

In spite of eating more, I am still having 1-2 bouts of diarrhea every day. I don't know if this has just become a permanent part of my life at this point--am hoping not, but realistically thinking it is. At least, that is, until I have the transplant (sometime in my future).

This past week I have had the smell of ammonia so strong it's as if I have a smelling salt right in front of my nose nearly all the time. Kinda gets in the way of smelling pretty much anything. It's always worse (intensified) when I burp.

That's all my current news. Am looking forward to what will hopefully be a better week.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment