Friday, January 22, 2010

21 Jan. 10

It's been a week since my last update, so I'll get right to it.

For starters, my headache continues. It is now 9+ weeks of this constant headache. Like I stated in my last post, it has come down to a 3.5-4. At least I have that small concession. I do however have a great distance to go before I match my longest headache ever. When my TMD was unmanageable my headaches were measured not in days, but in weeks. My average headache was a 6.5 and lasted 2.5-3 weeks before I'd get a one day break. My longest uninterrupted headache was six months. That's right, I said six months! Luckily, though the duration [of this headache] has been long, the intensity is at least tolerable--except for times such as last week when the intensity jumped dramatically.

Over the past five days I have been feeling off. My stomach has been constantly upset; I can't eat or drink anything without feeling worse for an hour or more afterwards; and I just feel blah like never before. I still get things done, but I have to press myself mentally to get moving. In fact, I missed classes on Tuesday because of feeling like this. I went to my classes today and felt terrible the whole time. I don't yet know what to make of it. Hopefully this is a passing phase due to a slight bug I picked up. Another couple of weeks should be telling.

I have been trying to increase my food intake for a few weeks and I am showing progress. Though I'm still not eating regularly (just because I'm not hungry), when I do eat, I am taking in more food. Overall I am now eating around six cups of food per day (plus water, milk, juice, etc). That's an increase of two cups per day on average. Admittedly this intake is not consistent from day to day, but it's the overall increase I am pleased with.

I'm still cold all of the time. My fleece coat is a seemingly permanent fixture on me throughout the days; and I still am covered with four quilts when I sleep.

I learned a very important piece of information for anyone needing a transplant. A retired Associate Professor from the University of Colorado Denver School of Dentistry told me that any dental work needing to be addressed must be done prior to transplantation of any organ to minimize the chances of untoward secondary infection. So, if you are looking towards transplantation and have abscessed teeth, ulcerous gums, infections of the mouth, etc, these must get taken care of or approval for the transplant is highly unlikely. So, even though I don't personally have many concerns about the health of my teeth or gums, I must still go through the process of having everything looked at once I know that transplant is a real probability.

All my other previously discussed S/S's are still there; still causing discomfort; still being annoying.

That's all for today.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment