Sunday, November 22, 2009

22 Nov. 09

Overall an up and down week.

The acupressure tabs worked for about twenty four hours, then I was back to feeling terribly nauseated once again. I don't know if I'm fighting a bug, or the meds have gotten to a therapeutic level and are now making me nauseous, or what. I just know that since Wednesday afternoon I have felt terrible.

So, today I stopped taking the Amlodipine. I'll go without it for a few days to see if it is what is making me nauseated. If things clear up quickly, I can assume with reasonable surety that the med was causing all of this.

Why am I singling out the Amlodipine? Well, because in the week and a half I was only using the Atenolol and Gemfibrozil, I was feeling pretty good--even when going out and about. After starting the Amlodipine, the nausea came on gradually, and I am now feeling terrible every day. Any time I go out and actually expend energy having a life, the nauseating effects are compounded. Hence, my decision regarding the Amlodipine.

Also, I am still feeling cold in a warm room. Something is definitely affecting my hypothalamus. I'll discuss it with my doctor at my upcoming appointment.

My appetite is still almost nil. I am trying to get it increased...and I am...however slowly it is going. But again, I am taking the 1-a-Day vitamin, so I continue to get all the essential nutrients in spite of hardly eating.

Well, that's all I've got for this update. With going off the Amlodipine I should be posting a new update within a couple of days.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment