Tuesday, November 17, 2009

17 Nov. 09

A bit of a breakthrough today.

While at my weekly PT (physical therapy--for my back) I mentioned my ongoing nausea to my doctor. He suggested I try utilizing acupressure points to treat the nausea. We discussed a few options, and finally settled on using three innervation points on the left ear.

He then attached three small pads on my upper ear lobe that I can periodically rub, thereby activating the acupressure benefits.

After having them on for just one day, I can honestly say that for me, it works! I have felt miserable for the past few days, and tonight I am nausea free and haven't used the sodium bicarb or Tums at all the whole day. Woo-Hoo!

Also, being nausea free has allowed me to eat a little more. It wasn't much, but it was at least more than I have been intaking since mid-September.

So, the next step is to see if these benefits continue. I'll be sure to keep you updated.

Until Then,

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment