Sunday, November 1, 2009

01 Nov. 09

Four days now without the Benicar...

What a difference! Yesterday I felt more my old self than I had since I first started on all the new meds in mid-September. I got out by myself to run errands, did lots of housework, and just felt filled with all sorts of energy. What a difference!

Even though I am feeling far, far better, I'm still dropping school for the semester. I'm also going to look into changing my major field of study. In planning for all possibilities regarding my future, I am trying very hard to remain positive; to eliminate fear.

Prudence in facing my future, while reconciling my goals, is a key effort. In light of this, I want to finish my schooling, but must do so with the realism that this disease presents, and the uncertainty surrounding time frames as they now exist.

If I can get classes that I can do mostly at home, it will allow me to get my work done without compromising my grades because of needing to be in class. This would allow for the flexibility necessary should I go through another period like I just got done with, or should the disease progression dictate.

To that end, I'll be consulting with the University to see what accommodations could be explored. This type of schedule would also present me with the opportunity to hold a job. I personally feel it is of utmost importance to keep myself busy in order to keep the mind sharp and focused in fighting the PCKD. I do not want to be housebound until I can no longer physically be active. Even then, once I have been through the dialysis and transplant, I will be back to getting busy with life.

Like one of my friends wrote, "[I] have too much to do; too many people whose lives I'll be a part of to quit." Like I've said in my posts before, Too much to do. Too much to do.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment