Saturday, November 7, 2009

07 Nov. 09

**Please remember that anything I tell you about meds, treatments, side effects, etc are observations based on my personal experience. How any person responds to medical treatments is a purely individual result. You must determine for yourself what works, doesn't work, etc for you, and you alone, in direct consultation with your physician.**

I started taking the Amlodipine today. Here are the facts:

(Am-Loe-Di-peen) is a Calcium Channel Blocker used to treat hypertension.

Method of Action: Works by relaxing blood vessels so blood can flow easier.

Dosage: (for me) 5 mg tablet 1x/day

Possible Side Effects: Dizziness; Lightheadedness; Edema of the Ankles or Feet; Possible Flushing; Possible Headache.

I'm planning on giving this three to four days so as to determine side effects. If they become debilitating, I'll discontinue usage, and call my physician.

As always, with new meds I'll expect the best. I'll be sure to keep you abreast of any results.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment