Sunday, August 4, 2013

04 August 2013

Alright...I'm tired--I've already been putting this off--so let's get to it!

Dialysis Weights:

27 Jul 13
Starting Weight:  106.1 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.1 Kg
Water Removed:  2.00 Kg

30 Jul 13
Starting Weight:  106.9 kg
Ending Weight:  104.2 Kg
Water Removed:  2.70 Kg

01 Aug 13
Starting Weight:  106.2 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.2 Kg
Water Removed:  2.00 kg

03 Aug 13
Starting Weight:  105.9 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.1 Kg
Water Removed:  1.80 Kg

Somewhat consistent numbers. I am still baffled by the fluctuating Pre-D weights that are happening in spite of continued urine output and conscious efforts to reduce fluid intake. I'll just keep trying...

The headache has been severe the past week. I am averaging over 4 T3's per day because of it. On average, it's been holding at about a steady 9.0 no matter what I do to alleviate the intensity. Oh well. It's not like I haven't been down this road before! 
The cycle will end, and I'll get my relief; it's just a matter of when.

The extreme exhaustion I mentioned in my last entry has gone on uninterrupted. (As I was typing, I just realized that in my previous entries, the way I'm writing about my sleep doesn't add up very well. My apologies. Let's try this another way...
On the one night per week that is in no way impacted by dialysis--Sunday night--I am averaging 8-10 hours of sleep, plus, between 1-3 naps that day of 15-45 minutes each.
On the Pre and Post D nights--in other words, from say between 12A Tuesday morning and waking on Wednesday morning (this includes my usual post-D nap)--I am averaging between 14-18 hours of sleep over an approximately thirty three hour period, plus a few brief naps thrown in, too.
So, lots of sleep; and I'm still feeling sleepy and exhausted all the time.
(There...I THINK I explained how I look at my total sleep hours...I think...)  :o)

Anyhow, because of the exhaustion, I only got minimal housework done this entire week, and I got nothing done on my personal projects. I didn't even want to think about them. Absolutely no brain power.  Let's hope I have a better week coming up! After all, I'm way behind on my pictures, my writing and planning for things coming up. That just won't do! Too many things to accomplish.

The nausea I've been experiencing has been inconsistent, as well. Whereas last week I had to use Zofran during every Tx, this week I only had to use it on Tuesday. Even my Promethazine use has dropped this week. No complaints from me, though!

My appetite has been pretty steady. There have been a few days when I just felt lousy and didn't want to eat; but for the most part, my usual meal/snacking routine has held up. One thing that has--so far--only slightly impacted my eating properly is my exhaustion. I am having a terrible time getting up the energy to cook. I usually push through this with only a slight effort; but some days, I just can't think about what to eat let alone actually cooking it. If only processed foods didn't have so much junk in them, cooking would be a lot easier.
And for those of you who might say, "Let your wife cook." My response to that is...You obviously have no idea just how disinterested she is in cooking. Her idea of cooking is to open a can, pour it in a bowl and microwave it. She's always been like that; so I've always done the cooking, which I certainly don't mind. Cooking is something I learned as a kid and I normally enjoy doing, so no big deal. However, as I grow more and more exhausted, my inability to do much cooking will end up having a big impact on my proper food intake. Hopefully, all of this will be over before I get to that point! 

In spite of my exhaustion, one thing I am sure to do on every off day is to bathe and properly groom. I firmly believe that a clean body helps you to feel better. Just because I'm chronically ill doesn't mean I shouldn't take pride in my appearance whenever I can. 
I may be sick, but I don't have to obviously look sick. Do you know what I mean? It goes back to the state of mind that I am constantly battling to maintain; and grooming certainly plays a part in that. It's not that I'm vain--that certainly isn't me--it's just that how you look is an outward projection of how you feel about yourself. In my case, I may be sick, but my disease doesn't define who I am. I won't let it. So, I bathe and groom regularly; and in so doing, I help myself to maintain the proper mindset so that I don't lose myself in all of this. In other words, I'm may be sick, but I'm certainly not sickly.

Alight...Well, I just took a T3 for my headache and my flank pain; so, I'd better wrap this up before I can't keep my eyes open--after all, it's now two in the morning, and past time for me to be asleep.

(And of course, now I can't remember what else I was planning on writing. C'est la Vie.)

Have a great week everyone! I will do my best to do so, too!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment