Wednesday, August 21, 2013

21 August 2013

A bit of great news for you today...

This next Wednesday--28 Aug--I will be getting a re-exam for my dental work, then will schedule all the work that needs to be done. By mid-September, all the dental should be finished, and the clearance letter written! (Yay!)   After that, I'll schedule a surgical consult for my double nephrectomy, and will, hopefully, have my kidneys removed by mid to late October; and be eligible for the active transplant list around the New Year.

By the time I am on the active list, I'll have accumulated over a year on the inactive list which will bump me up X number of places. Now that I have a clear time frame, I'll also begin asking for potential donors.

Under my transplant 'Umbrella,' any donor will be tested free of any charge to their own finances. Any travel involved (and food, lodging, etc.) is the responsibility of the donor. If a living donor is chosen, again, all medical expenses will be covered 100%, while travel costs are not. For your own Transplant Umbrella and donor coverage, be sure to consult with your Transplant Team; only they can answer that question for you!

So, the next step is about to begin...

Dialysis Weights:

15 Aug 13
Starting Weight:  106.3 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.2 Kg
Water Removed:  2.10 Kg

17 Aug 13
Starting Weight:  107.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.8 Kg
Water Removed:  3.20 Kg

20 Aug 13
Starting Weight:  107.2 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.1 Kg
Water Removed:  3.10 Kg

As you can see, my wet weight is high every time this past week. I'm not the least bit surprised by this because my flanks are killing me. Though my urine production is consistent, I think I've got more cystic growth in and on both kidneys. The comfort I had last week is completely gone. In fact, at dialysis this morning, I went in feeling OK. Within an hour of starting I could barely sit still because of the sudden onset of intense bilateral flank pain. Then all day afterwards, I have been in pain, as well; including during my nap. NOT a fun day!

I don't remember if I told you that on Monday--26 Aug--I have a follow-up with my Transplant Team. I'm expecting to do labs, talk finances, do some sort of exam(s), etc. It will only be an hour long appointment, so things shouldn't be too in-depth.

Anyhow, that's all I've got for now. I'm going to try and sleep so I can forget about this pain for a few hours. I'll try to finish this later.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment