Monday, June 11, 2012

A Reader's Comment

Today I received a personal comment from one of my readers. I will not share the entire note as that would be a violation of privacy.
This reader, Irene, was very recently diagnosed with Type II diabetes following the removal of a gangrenous toe. Irene previously had no knowledge of the diabetes. She strongly felt that she had to share the following with me:

"...Life has many twist and turns whether its good or bad, and we have to learn to accept whatever fate that falls on us. I have learnt a lot through reading your blog and came to understand the strength you have....this also made me stronger to accept what happened to me."

I have stated many times that I am no hero, and often doubt my own strength, and wonder if my blog really makes a difference to anyone.
I really appreciate hearing this from one of my readers. This single comment makes my efforts with this blog entirely worthwhile. To know that I so positively impacted someone touches me deeply. Truly, I am humbled by this comment and wish Irene the very best as she adjusts to a life impacted so strongly and permanently by diabetes.

Good Health to You All!

ScottW


No comments:

Post a Comment