Wednesday, June 27, 2012

27 June 2012

Well, I got the ball rolling.

My Transplant Candidate Application Referral was sent to the IHC (Intermountain Health Care) Transplant Office Coordinator over two weeks ago. After not hearing back yet, I talked to my nephrologist's nurse [who had submitted the application] as instructed , and was given the phone number of the IHC Coordinator's office.
I talked with an office person who confirmed that my application was indeed received on the 8th (of June), and was then led to leave a voice message for the Coordinator herself; which I did do.
I have no idea what the next step is, but at least I got the ball rolling on moving towards transplantation. I now await a return call from IHC. I will keep you informed of every step along the way.

(I'm keeping the rest of this entry short; so, here goes...)

Also, the last six days have all been pretty much the same. Lots of edema, feeling really ill, fluctuations in eating, the damned unremittent headache, complete exhaustion, long naps, etc.

One change that I am doing is twice daily weigh-ins. I purchased a good scale that I will use to measure my AM and PM weights to note fluctuations associated with dailty edemic gains and losses. It is a digital scale that weighs to every 2/10's. In the two full days that I have done the weigh-ins, my average daily water *gain is 2.4 pounds, and my water **loss is 2.2 pounds.
(*Gain is my weight at night before going to bed.
 **Loss is my weight in the morning immediately after waking and urination.)

As time goes on I will continue to keep you informed as to my average Gains and Losses.

Also, I informed my doc that I will be scheduling the start of my dialysis after the upcoming Fourth of July Holiday. I will, or course, let you know when that is exactly; and I will be taking you along for the ride with lots of photos, explanations, etc.

And that is all for today. Not a long entry, but quite informative.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment