Monday, November 7, 2011

07 November 2011

Thursday finished up pretty much the same way it started..in other words, I felt lousy all day without any letup. I ended up taking a half dose of the anti-emetic in the evening. It reduced the nausea to a tolerable level, and I was able to get a little food down.

Unfortunately I was awoken again on Friday morning at 530a, so I took another full dose of Promethazine. Luckily I got back to sleep rather quickly (around 15 minutes!) and slept until nearly 1p.
Of course, on awaking I was groggy and stayed that way well into the evening. Plus, I had that ill feeling hitting all day. I ate a little by days end, and drank around 40 oz's. My headache was as prevalent as ever. My nap on Friday afternoon lasted a little over three hours. About the only good news was that the edema was nearly non-existent all day.

As a result of my late sleep on Friday, I was unable to get to sleep until after 3a on Saturday. I had nausea once again hit me in my sleep; but this time I was able to keep it under control without using meds. After waking I actually had a fairly good day, to start. The headache was minimal, the nausea reduced, edema was again low, and the nasty feeling inside was pretty quiet. Plus, I actually ate more than my usual pittance--I know...a miracle!  My nap on Saturday started at 2p and I slept until 6p.
But alas, the good day was not to last. After waking at 6p everything (except the edema) came raging back. What had been a good day turned nasty. (I loved the break!)  The remainder of my evening was spent dealing with lots of nausea, a headache was a solid 9, and lots of feeling sick.

I actually slept most of Saturday night through. On waking Sunday, I once again felt pretty good. The edema was still minimal. I had worn my TMD mouth guards to eliminate TMD complications on my headache, and awoke with my headache reduced to a wonderful 4. I was still nauseous, and the sick feeling inside was hitting me really hard all day. I ate one small meal in spite of everything. About the only good it did was put fuel into my body; because I felt really lousy all the rest of my day. I ended up taking a three hour nap in the evening, but awoke feeling the same way.

Because of how late my nap was I didn't get to sleep until around 430a; but awoke at 930a. I don't doubt another nap is in order later today. The good news today is that I awoke having another good start to my day. I've even had a little something to eat already. My head hurts, and I'm about to go take a T3 for it, but it will be my first dose of the day. (I'll take that!)

Anyhow, that catches me up. I thought I'd try a bit different of a format. I may or may not use it again. I'll have to read over it to decide if I like the way it turned out. So, TTFN!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment