Tuesday, September 6, 2011

06 September 2011

Well, my suspicion proved itself out.

After two more months, and feeling worse than ever, there has been zero movement in my numbers. My kidney function remains at 17.6%. In fact, my doc stated that aside from the dying kidneys thing, I'm "actually a really healthy guy." The way I'm feeling is just a part of the process; and will continue to worsen as the disease slowly does its thing.

Numbers are as follows:

*Iron  79   (NR 35-155)
*Na+  140  (NR 135-148)
*K+  4.4  (NR 3.3-5.5)
*Glucose  102  (NR 65-109)
*BUN  40.0  (NR 5-25)
Creatinine  3.9  (NR 0.5-1.5)
*WBC  6.08  (NR 4.5-11.0)
*RBC  4.46  (NR 4.7-6.1)
Hematicrit  34.0  (NR 42-52)

As has previously been, the PCKD remains the sole health issue. I continue to withstand development of associated issues such as diabetes, liver impairment, edema in the heart a/o lungs, etc.

The only good news to come out of today's appointment was that I lost 9 pounds over the last two months. My weight now stands at 243 and dropping. This is in part because of my extremely poor appetite, as well as have almost zero peripheral edema [right now], and because of continued loss of muscle mass due to not being able to work out. 

My next appointment [with the nephrologist] is in two months. Unless something happens that accelerates the symptomology, or I see clear signs of an impending crash, I won't have any further official news until then. I will continue blogging, so be sure to stay up to date with everything.

If you have any questions, please write and ask whatever you'd like. I'll always get back to you as soon as I feel up to it. Thank you for all of the prayers, good thoughts, etc. I need it all, and appreciate the efforts far more than I can express.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment