Monday, February 7, 2011

07 Feb. 2011

It's been seven days since my last entry, and all seven days can be easily summed up in three words...Exhaustion; Fatigue; Headaches.

I haven't written these past seven days because of being so fatigued that I haven't had the mental energy to write up an update. My body is really feeling terrible as time goes on. A week or two ago I began having lots of leg pain and body aches. These things continue. I looked up possible causes, and in the little reading I've done so far,the most likely cause appears to be calcium deprecition in the bones and muscles. This is, of course, caused by the kidney's inability to properly regulate calcium in the blood, so they draw the calcium out of the bones and mucles in order to compensate (I think I've gotten that right...). From what I've read, approx. 85% of End Stage patients report similar pain. I don't yet know what I'll be doing about it. I'll let you know.

Because of the leg and body aches, my ability to sleep has once again been compromised. Most nights I cannot sleep laying down, and have ended up sleeping in a big comfy chair (with ottoman). On the rare occasion I can sleep in bed, I am only asleep for four hours (at most) before I am either awake, or I try and sleep more in the chair.

My headache has been intensifying over the last week. It is sharper, stronger, and far more difficult to control. Even the T3's are only just keeping it from exploding. The headaches are now averaging about a 9. I hope they decrease soon.

I'm still awaiting word on a scheduling for my AV Fistula surgery. I'll post the date as soon as I know.

My appetite, smelling Ammonia, edema, and how cold I feel are all unchanged. The only good news in all of that is that I continue to have a better food intake from day to day.

That's all I can remember that I wanted to write. If I think of anything else, I'll just edit this blog.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment