Monday, October 25, 2010

25 Oct. 2010

Signs and symptoms continue to be rough.

I've been meaning to write on this blog for several days, but I just haven't felt up to it. Over the past number of days all of the S/S's I've been experiencing have been constant 24/7. It didn't help that I went to a college football game on Saturday, but I couldn't pass up free tickets and a chance to see a family friend lead the home team to victory! (Gosh!)

Instead of listing the individual days today, I'll just go over the S/S's...

-The nausea has been terrible. It has been seeming like I cannot eat, drink or go hungry without setting off intense nausea. For the most part I can control it--and I mean that in a very loose sense of the word. Most of the time I am only able to stop the nausea from becoming overwhelming.However, my efforts are not always successful. In the past five days I've had to use the prescription anti-emetic four times.

-My headache continues on unceasingly. Nearly a year has passed since it started. The last week has been really rough with a constant headache of 7.5-8.5. I even had it intensify for a full day to a 10. Not fun!

-Edema has been consistent. It is clearly visible in my feet, lower legs, and hands. There has been no increase in the overall swelling, and my feet and legs have not been itching (which would be signaling increased edema).

-My appetite has gone from poor to next to nothing. Over the last week I've eaten above average just once, and below average 3-4 times. My intake of water has been really bad. I am rarely thirsty, so I forget to drink anything.

-Incidents of diarrhea seem to have increased slightly. At this point it is not a pattern; but I am certainly paying attention to this. Luckily, this has not become unmanageable. I can usually control it with a single dose of Imodium.

-The blurry vision has been constant. Some days it is worse; but for the most part, it's just constant.

-Incidents of vertigo and general dizziness continue unabated. These is no rhyme or reason for when it hits, so anticipating it is difficult. Whenever I am out of the house I always have my cane; and it has helped stop a number of falls over the past week.

-The general malaise that has been clinging to me also continues. My ability to do housework, write my blog, etc is all diminished. Just that lack of oomph to get me going on anything more than the have to's. It is frustrating; but I do my best every day in spite of this.

I think that's all. If I remember anything else, I'll either add it here, or do another blog entry.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment