Friday, October 15, 2010

14 Oct. 2010

More, More, More.

That's a good summation of the last two days.

I awoke Wednesday feeling a tad better; but this didn't last long. Before long, I was having lots of vertigo, and dealing with my nausea. It went downhill from there.

I had my blood drawn for my latest round of tests. All the usual, plus a urinalysis and a check of my parathyroid. I'll know the results on Monday afternoon. Be sure to look for an entry either Monday evening or Tuesday.

As Wednesday progressed my headache ramped up from a 7 to an 8.5; the nausea increased, and I was smelling ammonia extremely strong all day. I did eat a little more over the course of the day, totaling about 5 cups of food! It was a downright banner day!) After I went to bed the nausea just suddenly increased to overwhelming. When two tums failed to alleviate it, I quickly took a half dose of Promethazine (anti-emetic). It calmed my stomach down in about 15 minutes, then got me to sleep for 8+ hours.

I awoke groggy, as usual, but the side effects wore off fairly quickly (probably due to the length of time I was asleep).The rest of today has been pretty miserable. I've felt sick all day, my headache has been painful, and I have had zero energy. Additionally, I've been bundled up all day because of feeling extremely cold. It took over three hours wrapped in blankets to get me warm. Even under the blankets my feet and hands were cold to the touch.

On top of all of this, I've eaten less than two cups of food all day, and have had very little to drink since I got up. Just haven't had any appetite, nor have I been thirsty.

That's all I can remember that I wanted to write. I'm hoping, as always, that the next few days give me a little break. We'll certainly see!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment