Monday, September 28, 2009

28 Sept. 2009

When I received my news last week about having PCKD, my Nephrologist gave me a new med to help control my blood pressure. Taken once daily, Diovan (320 Mg's) is an Angiotensive Receptor Blocker (ARB). Its side effects may include:
-Headache
-Dizziness
-Flu-like symptoms
-Tiredness
-Abdominal pain
-Diarrhea
-Joint or Back Pain
-Elevated Blood Potassium levels.

I found out just two days after taking it that I had joint pain all over. I'm talking neck, shoulders, pelvis, knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, etc. Bordering on painful, the symptoms were somewhat relieved by 1500 Mg's of Tylenol. If I didn't repeat the Tylenol at four hours I was more and more uncomfortable with [literally] every passing minute. Saturday was the worst. Sunday was better, but I am near the Saturday discomfort once again today. I've tried drinking extra milk to see if there is possible calcium blockage going on, but have not observed anything definitive.

Other minor side effects I am experiencing are headache, dizziness and tiredness. Getting adjusted is taking longer than expected, but being a college student, I must keep my grades up; so once things seem to level out, I'll be back plugging away every day with my classes and studies.

That's all for now.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment