Friday, September 25, 2009

25 Sept. 2009

The hardest thing [I have faced] thus far has been wrapping my brain around the reality of actually having this disease. Without symptomology, it just doesn't seem real.

But then I remember watching my renal ultrasound and seeing for myself the numerous cysts encasing both kidney's, and not being able to recognize either organ as they should appear.

I am by nature a realist in how I see things. I accept them as I recognize them to be. This disease is no different. It is there...I must face it...and it will eventually kill me; one way or another. Those are facts.

On the other hand, I am also an optimist who naturally looks for the good in all things; looks for the motivation that will help me overcome any obstacles in my path; someone who sees a problem, looks at various ways to get past it, then goes out and gets it done.

Between these two traits, I will fight as long as I can; delay the drastic onset of worsening symptoms as long as I can. And when my body begins to deteriorate, I will do whatever I need in order to keep my mind sharp, focused, and ready to tackle the task before me. It simply is not in my nature to give up. I've got too much left to accomplish in my life, and I will get as much done as is humanly possible under the circumstances.

I am surrounded by friends and family who love and support me; who will jump through the fire for me if I ask. With support like that, I will never be alone in this fight. Their strength will lift me when I am down, and bolster me when I need a little extra.

Remember that.

Know that you are never alone.

Good Health to all!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment