Monday, October 18, 2021

Post-Transplant Rejection Update: Colonoscopy Result

 Last Tuesday I started the new prep routine in advance of my latest colonoscopy--my first since 2012. 

The new prep is sooooooooo much more pleasant than the old. I did not have to drink that horrid, sugary, awful tasting "7-Up-like" liquid that pretty much everyone gags over. Instead, the new prep simply involved a half gallon of Gatorade,  238 mgs of Miralax powder, four Dulcolax tablets, and two Gas-X tabs.


In all, I lost over two full kilograms of water!


Anyhow, the test went as scheduled, and took about thirty minutes in total, during which I was sedated. 

The result is that my large bowel (large colon, or large intestine) is completely clean, and free of polyps! The bowel is so healthy that I do not need another colonoscopy for ten years!

Here is the sheet I was given by the physician:





*Even though the color (as seen on the scan above) on this is not accurate, the bowel is pink and healthy, as is seen in my original copy.


The worst part of the test was my feeling lousy for several days afterwards.          I don't recall feeling that bad on my last one, but I may have been. 

Right after I post this, I am finally going to get a workout in after a whole week. I'm just grateful that I am feeling better!


Good Health to All!

SW


No comments:

Post a Comment