Saturday, October 9, 2021

Post-Transplant Rejection Update: 09 October 2021

 It has been a down week for my kidney, and I am struggling with my energy all of a sudden.


Here are my latest labs:


06 Oct 21 Labs:

*Creat:   3.26

*HCT:   34.2 (-0.7) Low

*Hemo:   10.8 (-0.4) IR

*RBC:   3.77 (-0.15) Extremely Low

*WBC:   7.2 (+0.4) IR

*BUN:   45 (+1) Extremely High

*CA:   9.6 (NC) IR

*GFR:   20 (+2) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   108

*K+:   3.9 (NC) IR

*NA+:   139 (NC) IR

*Phos:   3.7 (-0.5) IR

*PTH (Parathyroid Hormone):   105 (High)

               NC= No Change    IR= In Range


Aside from dips in my Red Count and Hematocrit, these labs are fairly stable. 

However, despite the stability, I had a definite downturn in my energy this week. My body has struggled recovering from my workouts, I am feeling physically and mentally drained so much that I am having to push myself to get anything done from day to day. I am hoping this is nothing more than a brief lull, and that I will be able to rebound once more.

I have my Colonoscopy this coming Wednesday. Because I am a transplant patient, I must have a Covid Test, which I will do tomorrow.  I start the oh so lovely test prep on Monday evening, and cannot eat anything of substance all day Tuesday. Clear liquid diets are just the best!  :o(    I will post the results of the test later next week.


I think I'll stop there for today. 

I just finished my exercise, and I am tired!


Good Health to All!

ScottW


Update: 12 Oct 21:  My Covid test came back negative, so there won't be any issues with tomorrow's Colonoscopy.  sw


No comments:

Post a Comment