Wednesday, September 30, 2020

Post-Transplant Rejection Update: 30 September 2020


(I had originally planned to get this entry done over the weekend, but seeing that it was so close to the next lab draw, I decided to instead finish this once I had those results...)


The P.E.T. re-test is completed.

It went pretty much exactly the same as the first test, and the Radiology technician even stated that the images look nearly identical; but that only a Cardiac Physician can accurately assess the images. As I have not received yet another call for another re-test, I will assume that the images were satisfactory.   And just like last time, I got a massive headache from the test [because the isotope/med that is given is a huge vasodilator] and again spent the remainder of the day recovering.


Despite the tiredness that comes and goes, I have been getting my workouts in as much as possible. In fact, I'll do one later this afternoon for the third consecutive time [of every other day]. Hopefully, I can keep going, and start adding more exercises. 


There are no new changes in how my feet are feeling. I fully expect that the next noticeable change will also be a sudden realization that I can feel something new underfoot.

Also, the headaches remain up and down; though I awoke this morning with a good bit of pain.  This isn't surprising considering that my jaw is popping really hard today. So, NTI devices tonight!


I can tell that my Red Count and Hematocrit are down (even before the labs listed below) because I am starting to fall asleep if I just stop moving around; like when I'm on the computer, watching TV or trying to read a book or at least an article. AS I did before my transplant, I don't fight it and just take a nap.


I had another episode of dizziness a couple of days ago. Again, it happened at home, but only last a few minutes. Luckily, these episodes are still few and far between.

Now, the latest labs...most of which are ugly...


29 Sept 20 Labs:

*Creat:   4.44 (+0.36)

*HCT:   31.1 (-1.3) Low

*Hemo:   9.8 (-0.6) Low

*Lymph:   4.7 (-1.3) Extremely Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.3 (-0.2) Extremely Low

*RBC:   3.43 (-0.14) Extremely Low

*WBC:   7.2 (-0.6) IR

*Ketones:   Negative

*BUN:   62 (+4) Extremely High

*CA:   9.8 (NC) IR

*GFR:   14 (-1) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   112

*K+:   4.2 (+0.3) IR

*NA+:   139 (+1) IR

*MG:   2.2 (+0.1) IR

*Phos:   5.2 (+0.4) High

*Prot:   6.9 (+0.1) IR

          NC= No Change         IR= In Range


With just 7 of 17 results being where they should, these numbers are some of the worst I've seen since my rejection episode more than two years ago. I am not dwelling on these labs because I expect them to worsen; however fast or slow that happens. Instead, I am focusing on staying positive, getting my workouts done,  getting as much accomplished every day as I can, and working on keeping my mind challenged through some games, this blog and doing more puzzles. 

Again, the goal is to get as far as I can without going back on dialysis.


Also yesterday was the second of the two September infusions of Belatacept. (Remember, because I had the first infusion on 01 Sept, and the infusions happen every twenty-eight days, yesterday, 29 Sept was the second infusion). Because of the two cannulations for the PET tests, my arm was difficult to stick, and so is a bit bruised up today. The infusion itself went great, and there were no other complications.


Lastly, the big toe on my L foot has not gotten better, despite my daily efforts. So, I have an appointment next Monday, 05 October, with a Podiatrist. It is time.


Anyhow, between the existing tiredness, the meds I took for my headache, and my needing to get some lunch, this will be wrapped up in short order.

I hope that all of you, my readers, are healthy, and safe from the Chinese Virus!


Good Health to All!


ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment