Monday, April 6, 2020

Post-Transplant Update: 06 April 2020

Labs are in, and the next move has already been decided.

06 April 20 Labs

*Creat:   2.93 (a drop of 0.35)

*HCT:   35.5 (-0.7) Slightly Low

*Hemo:   11.2 (-0.1) IR

*Lymph:   17.2 (+9.7) Slightly Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.9 (+0.4) Low

*Neut:   72.3 (-1.4) IR (Finally!)

*Neut ABS:   3.8 (-0.7) IR

*RBC:   3.96 (-0.07) Very Low

*WBC:   5.3 (-0.7) IR

*BUN:   39 (-6) Very High

*CA:   9.0 (-0.2) IR

*GFR:   23 (+3) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   104

*K+:   4.0 (-0.1) IR

*NA+:   138 (-1) IR

*MG:   2.2 (-0.1) IR

*Phos:   3.9 (-0.2) IR
     *NC= No Change     *IR= In Range


*U/A
Appearance:   Normal
Color:   Normal
Glucose, UR:   Negative
Hgb,UR:   Negative
Ketones, UR:   Negative
Leuk Esterase:   Negative
Nitrite:   Negative
pH, Urine:   6.0 (Normal Range is 5.0-8.5)
Prot, UR:   Negative
Specific Gravity, Urine:   1.011 (Normal Range is 1.003-1.030)


The somewhat good news on my labs is the drop of the Creatinine. Yes, it came down a bit, but not far enough. I'll discuss more about this below.

The Lymphocytes took a terrific upward bounce into a just-below-normal range. My excitement is, of course, tempered with knowing the yo-yo pattern of this lab value over the last number of months. At this point, I won't hold my breath that it will stay at this level.

The White Count was down slightly; but this is likely due to the extra Myfortic I am taking. I'm sure that my current dosage will be adjusted again should the WBC's drop again next week.

On the Urinalysis, the only change was a very slight decrease of the Specific Gravity; which is of zero concern.


Now, on the Creatinine, I said, "...somewhat good news" because of the non-blood work factors involved.  The peripheral edema in my feet has now extended to my lower legs, going about halfway up to my knees. It stays there every day until I sleep, when it disseminates out of or into the rest of my body. However, after about an hour the next morning, it has returned.

This has also been happening [all weekend] on the days I take the diuretic, Torsemide. Additionally, on the Torsemide days, I have not lost any water weight. In fact, I gained 1.5 Kg's of water weight over the past four days.

Then, there is my blood pressure. Since Friday, the morning readings are inching upward to the low 130's (systolic), while the evening readings have been in the 160's and 170's (systolic).
NOT good!

So, I called my Transplant Coordinator and passed on all of the relevant information. This was passed on to the Clinic doctors who then ordered a Renal Angiogram in order to take a look at the Renal Artery and open it up, if needed. If the artery is not the issue, then I'll receive more instructions.   The Angiogram should happen this week.

For now, that is all I have. All meds remain the same, as does fluid intake, and proper twice-daily vitals. Until the Angiogram happens, it is just a wait and watch approach.

I will keep you updated.

Good Health to All!

ScottW


No comments:

Post a Comment