Sunday, January 20, 2019

Post-Transplant Update: 17 January 2019

Happy 2019 to everyone!

MY cruise was a resounding success! 
I did off-ship excursions at all three stops (Nassau, St. Thomas, Sint Maarten) and had a great time on all, despite taking things a bit easy. My favorite part of the cruise though, was sitting on our stateroom balcony and watching the ocean, and listening to the waves. It was incredibly soothing to watch!

Here are a few pics I took with my phone...


(Paradise Island, Bahamas)

 (Overlook of St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands)


 (Looking back at the docks in Nassau, Bahamas)
The Oasis of the Seas is the largest ship on the right of the picture.


(Maho Beach, St. Martin--French Side)



(Sint Maarten Harbor--Dutch Side)


I still need to finish up a roll of film then get three rolls developed into slides. THOSE are the photos I am most excited to see!



Next, I had my [hopefully] final Kidney Clinic visit this last Tuesday. The appointment was fairly brief with meds being reviewed, updating the team on my vitals for the past month, going over instructions for transitioning to my local doctor and answering any questions I might have. 
My next appointment with the clinic will be around my kidney-versary in early May, or so. 

My next appointment with my local nephrologist is in mid to late February.

I have my next labs (now monthly) and Belatacept infusion coming up this coming Tuesday (22 Jan 19). I will post the lab results as soon as they are in.

Overall, I have been feeling well. 

Although I had a chest cold develop after returning home from the cruise--not unexpected at all--it was over quickly, aside from my usual ongoing coughing up of phlegm. I always take a number of weeks to get rid of all the mucous.

My headaches, likely due to the relaxion that the cruise afforded, are in a normal to lowered cycle right now. I am only taking 1-2 T3's per day with one accompanying Tylenol with each dosage. This is an excellent development following three months in an elevated headache cycle!

During the cruise I had no way of weighing myself, so I was anxious to see what my weight was upon returning. In all, I lost a total of 1.4 Kg's. While not a lot of weight loss, I was very happy to see that I had not gained anything.

At Clinic this last week, I was instructed to discontinue taking Lasix to see if my kidney would kick in again and eliminate all fluids I take in each day. As of this morning, the kidney had processed ALL fluids I have drunk since Thursday [when I first went without the Lasix]. So, excellent news that I again have good kidney function.

I think that that is all I am going to get done for this entry.

With the aforementioned labs and infusion this week, I will write my next entry on Wednesday or Thursday.

Good Health to All!

ScottW



(At Coco Beach prior to the cruise)




No comments:

Post a Comment