Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Post-Transplant Update: 23 January 2019

As promised, here is my latest post following yesterday's labs and Belatacept infusion. Let's get right into the lab numbers...

22 Jan 19 Labs

*Creat:   2.27 (-0.33)

*HCT:   33.9 (-0.1) Low

*Hemo:   10.6 (-0.1) IR

*Lymph:   10.5 (-0.1) Very Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.6 (NC) Very Low

*Neut:   77.5 (-6.6) High

*Neut ABS:   4.6 (NC) IR

*RBC:   3.75 (+0.01) Very Low

*WBC:   5.9 (-0.1) IR

*BUN:   35 (-14) Very High

*CA:   9.7 (-0.3) IR

*GFR   31 (+4) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   96 (Normal Range is 80-100)

*K+:   4.5 (+0.3) IR

*NA+:   138 (-2) IR

*Prot:   6.6 (-0.2) IR

*MG:   2.2 (-0.3) IR

*Phos:   3.4 (-0.6) IR

**PTH (Parathyroid Hormone):   251 (Normal Range 22-94)

     NC= No Change     IR= In Range


Stability is the word I would use to describe these lab results. There are again nine numbers that are in their proper ranges, and most others show little or no movement either up or down. THAT is why I call these results stable.

The Creatinine took a nice drop. This might be due to being off the Lasix [which causes an elevation of the Creatinine]. No matter why, I like the downward trend here.

Another nicely dropping trend is in the BUN (Blood Urea Nitrogen). This key indicator of kidney function looks to be heading towards its normal range of less than 20. This is excellent news!

I highlighted the Glucose today because this is my third consecutive result that is in the proper Glucose range of 80-100. This means that my body is again metabolizing sugars properly, and that it is also producing sufficient levels of naturally occurring Insulin.

At Clinic last week, the doctor ordered a Parathyroid Hormone test to see if levels had returned to normal [since the previous PTH test last Summer]. Unfortunately, the results came back worse than before. I do not yet know what this means [as I know very little about this], and will be contacting my Transplant Coordinator ASAP to ask about it.
When I have more information, I will pass it along.

Now that I am down to once-per-month labs, I want to also highlight the Urinary Analysis (UA) results as these too indicate health of the kidney and its proper function. Here are the results:

Urinalysis 22 Jan 19

Appearance:   Normal

Color:   Normal

Glucose, UR:   Negative

Hgb,UR:   Negative

Ketones, UR:   Negative

Leuk Esterase:   Negative

Nitrite:   Negative

pH, Urine:   6.0 (Normal Range is 5.0-8.5)

Prot, UR:   Negative

Specific Gravity, Urine:   1.01 (Normal Range is 1.003-1.030)

Terrific results on this latest UA! Again, the kidney is functioning and processing just as it should be.

As of this writing, I cannot recall anything else that I had wanted to tell you about. Should further ideas come to mind, I will amend this entry with the new info.

Have a fantastic week, everyone!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

**500p:  I just heard from the Kidney Clinic regarding my high PTH result, and they want me to begin the process of getting the Parathyroid Gland(s) out. There are four total glands, which sit on the Thyroid gland [which is] on the neck. I will make an appointment with the Clinic recommended doctor tomorrow (Thursday).

Also, I will do more research on the Parathyroid and why it (they) must be removed. Once I have an adequate understanding, I will write up an entry about this. sw

No comments:

Post a Comment