Monday, July 1, 2013

01 July 2013

A new month is already upon us.

The tenth of this month marks the one year anniversary of my starting dialysis. I can't believe that that much time has passed so quickly! Nearly 144 dialysis treatments done...and it only seems like 130!  ;o)

Speaking of dialysis, here are last weeks' weights:

25 Jun 13
Starting Weight:  105.4 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.9 Kg
Water Removed:  1.50 Kg

27 Jun 13
Starting Weight:  106.0 Kg
Ending Weight:  104.7 Kg
Water Removed:  1.30 Kg

29 Jun 13
Starting Weight:  106.2 Kg
Ending Weight:  103.8 Kg
Water Removed:  2.40 Kg

I don't like the higher weights I've had going into Tx, but with the hot weather we've been having, I shouldn't be surprised that I'm drinking more fluids.

I went to see my Chiropractor last Friday to see if he could solve the neuropathy in my feet and lower legs. Without diabetic complications, he could only postulate the constant swelling and decreased edema that results from the dialysis as an explanation. Nevertheless, he used pneumatics to adjust my lower spine and pelvis--remember, I have titanium on my lower spine so a traditional adjustment is out of the question-- and then again used pneumatics to adjust my C-spine after examining the length of both legs and seeing that my L leg was shorter than my R.
I immediately felt relief from the pain in my feet, and in the days since, the numbness has decreased, as well. Even though the numbness isn't gone, it IS better, and, like I said, the pain of the neuropathy is gone. I'll take those results any day!

The headache marches on...    (enough said about that!)

The bilateral flank pain continues. With the pain apparently coming from the bottom of the kidneys, sitting has become more difficult, as has walking. Once those cysts pop, I should find some relief there.

My appetite is consistent from day to day. Nothing else to say about it, really.

I've been having more nausea lately. Like before, it's mostly hitting me at night. So, I've been getting some really good, long sleep on my off-days [due to using the Promethazine].

I'll have my monthly labs drawn tomorrow morning, and will post the results later this week.

That's all for now.

Happy Independence Day, Everyone!!!

May your Fourth of July celebrations be safe, fun, and filled with Patriotism, and lots of good family or friends company.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment