Monday, August 13, 2012

A Bit of Good News, For Once


I literally just got back from seeing my nephrologist for the one month post-dialysis-startup visit. My BP was so good (and has been since going on dialysis) that I get to discontinue two meds...
Minoxidil and Sodium Bicarbonate.
Between the two, that is a total of eleven less pills every day that I have to ingest (or, 77 fewer pills per week!). I love this news!
I have already removed the meds from my pill box compartments. So now, my daily meds are as follows:
AM- Zantac (1); Atenolol (1); Gemfibrozil (1); Multivitamin (1).
PM- Zantac (1); Atenolol (1.5).

Combined with the other meds I've already been able to drop (Zemplar, Bumex), I am now taking a total of 87 less pills per week! Wow.

That's it...for now. You'll find no complaints coming from me on this latest news!

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment