Monday, December 12, 2011

12 December 2011

A tough weekend.

While my Upper Respiritory Infection (URI) continues to improve, the S/S's (Signs and Symptoms) of the PCKD have been kicking my butt.

My headache has been terrible, continuing to average a nasty 9.5. I've been using my TMD Occlusive devices just to be sure no TMD comp[lications carry over from day to day. However, the intense, painful headache remains.

Nausea has been a bigger issue the last few days as well. I've had to take regular doses of the anti-emetic Promethazine since Friday evening. Luckily, the med has kept the nausea under control.

Flank pain has been an issue this weekend. Nothing terrible, mind you; but it has definitely increased with a higher level of constant pain, and increases in incidences of the sudden, sharp pains on the R side. I've had to do a lot of adjusting my sitting and laying positions in order to reduce the pain.

My overall ill feeling has been bad, too. I've sat around a lot the past couple of days just feeling so yucky. No fun. And I still haven't found anything that alleviates that feeling.

The amount of food I eat has taken a hit this weekend as well. I ate OK on Saturday evening, but my Friday and Sunday intakes were really bad at about .75/cup each day. Everytime I do eat I either get nauseated, of have a wave of just not feeling well wash over me, forcing me to stop eating. 

On the positive side of things my sleep has been of fairly good quality--at least my nighttime sleep. Naps are still coming on unpredictably and vary in quality, but my nightly sleep has improved.
Also, urinary output remains consistent, as does its color and characteristics. Foaminess is still high, too.

Finally, I'm doing a blood draw today for this Wednesday's nephrology appointment.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

**1030p--My labs drawn tonight were for CBC, Renal panel, Parathyroid and Testosterone. Plus, I had a UA (Urinalysis) as well. I will include the results when I write about Wednesday's appointment.

No comments:

Post a Comment