Friday, December 9, 2011

09 December 2011

What a week!...and I don't mean that in a good way.

Last weekend was OK, but I started getting a scratchy throat on Sunday. By Monday morning I had an upper respiritory infection. The only good news in this is that the URI never fully exploded into what it certainly could have. (Thank goodness for that!) However, the URI was no picnic. Lots of coughing, sinus swelling and phlegm development. The sinus pressure made my already severe headache just horrid. The headache pain literally averaged a 10.5+ all week.

Additionally, the ill feeling has been far worse than normal. Combined with the URI, I have felt mind-bogglingly awful since Monday. Promethazine didn't help at all, and T3's only reduced the headache down to a 10--and that was with two T3's in me!

Because of how i was feeling, I was taking more naps than normal. On average, I took naps each day totaling at least five hours per day. The most naps I took in a day was just yesterday. I'd slept poorly on Wednesday night, awaking at 415a Thursday morning. I was awake for just three hours then slept for two; then awake for 1.5 and slept for three; then awake for two hours and slept for another 2.5; awake for about five hours, then slept of and on for another three, and finally falling asleep for the night at 3a, and slept until ten this morning. The good news is that i awoke feeling a bit better than I have all week...I think the URI is on the mend!

About the only good news this week is that I didn't have to deal with severe edema on top of everything else. Don't ask me why the edema was down this week; I'm just grateful it was because it likely kept me from having a worse week than was already occurring.

Anyhow, that's all for today. A terrible week is gone, and one I don't wish to repeat anytime soon.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment