Monday, August 29, 2011

29 August 2011

Three more days without improvement.

Friday, Saturday and Sunday were pretty much the same as the previous days. About the only difference was that the edema was reduced by about 50%. I've noticed this pattern before wherein I have worsening symptomology, yet the edema inexplicably reduces. I would expect the opposite to be happening; but maybe this is just my body doing this. I have absolutely no idea if other advanced PCKD patients experience anything similar.

The headache has been terrible. I finally decided to start taking two T3's when my I need--rather than taking one, waiting to see if another is needed, then taking the second--and it has helped tremendously. I am able to have greater control of my headaches.

My nausea has been plain terrible. This morning I awoke with intense nausea and took a half dose of Promethazine before doing anything else. I laid back down, and eventually fell back asleep; but not before being completely miserable  for around 45 minutes before it took effect. I then fell back asleep for another five hours; awaking with reduced nausea, but lots of grogginess...which was no surprise.

No other changes or surprises. All in all, things continue downhill as I need them to. I'll be going to do my lab work blood draws later this week in advance of next Tuesday's nephrology appointment.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment