Thursday, December 31, 2020

Post-Transplant Rejection Update: 31 December 2020

 Today, the final day of 2020, will be my final entry for this year.


This will be a fairly brief entry because of Christmas and New Years, so I'll get right to it with my 22 Dec Labs...


22 Dec 20 Labs

*Creat:   4.27 (+0.09)

*HCT:   32.6 (-1.3) Low

*Hemo:   9.9 (-0.4) Low

*Lymph:   4.2 (-2.5) Extremely Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.4 (-0.1) Extremely Low

*RBC:   3.54 (-0.13) Extremely Low

*WBC:   8.9 (+1.7) IR

Ketones:   Negative

*BUN:   55 (-4) Extremely High

*CA:   9.2 (-0.5) IR

*GFR:   14 (-1) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   115

*K+:   4.3 (NC) IR

*NA+:   138 (-1) IR

*MG:   2.4 (+0.2) IR

*Phos:   4.1 (-0.3) IR

*Prot:   6.8 (-0.04) IR

              NC= No Change         IR= In Range

Lymphocytes dropped significantly, which makes my normal precautions [when out of the house] suddenly go to the heightened level. This is in addition to the overall vigilance I have to do with the Chinese virus pandemic.                    So...yeah. Lots of fun.

It was nice to see the Phosphorous take a drop. The lower this number is, the easier my kidney is working.

Lastly, one lab value that I have never kept track of--but have followed nevertheless, is 'Red Cells in Urine.' For the first time since the rejection episode (I believe), I have had a small amount of Red Blood Cells in my urine. It wasn't much, but any amount is not good. I will continue to keep track of this as the rejection progresses, and report on it as is necessary.


The headaches have been elevated because my Chiropractor had the gall to go on a Christmas vacation with his family; which means that I am getting neither the spinal adjustment, nor the acupuncture. His absence just shows further proof that both treatments are essential to helping me keep the headaches somewhat under control. My usual treatments will resume next Tuesday.


That's all I have for this last entry of 2020.

My next blog will be in a brand new year.


Happy New Year, everyone! 

May 2021 be far better than this past year!


Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment