Saturday, January 2, 2021

A Thought on Blog Comments

 Hello Everyone,


Since I started this blog, Google has changed the format numerous times, and rarely (if ever) tells users exactly what has changed, or where to find things that were previously easy to locate on the main entry review page.

As a result, just two days ago, I came across one of those mystifying changes to the "Comments" section. As I had not received any comments in a long while, I was wondering if I had somehow missed them in all of those aforementioned changes to the site. Upon looking at something that I had already looked into before, I suddenly found comments and questions listed that had come in as far back as five years ago!

Since so much time has passed to what should have been timely questions, I simply chose to delete them rather than looking like a fool after so much time. A few of the comments that were left I authorized for publication on the appropriate entries.

IF any of you left a comment or question that I failed to respond to from back then, I sincerely apologize!

Now that I know where Google placed the Comment section, I will continue to check there regularly...

...that is, until Google tinkers with the website again and tosses everything into chaos (in the name of "bettering" the site, of course) once more.


Thank You for continuing to follow this long, and unpredictable journey!


ScottW


*Also, I would like to find a better, more stable website for my blog. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment