Tuesday, December 15, 2020

Post-Transplant Rejection Update: 15 December 2020

 As promised, here is my latest --and on-time--update!


Things this past week have been going well, I suppose.


My toe is healing nicely. I had a follow-up with the Podiatrist yesterday, and he stated that the toe looks good, and any pain will gradually disappear over the coming week. My daily treatment (Tx) of the toe has now changed to one Epsom Salt bath in the morning, then put on the antibiotic lotion and a band-aid; but then take off the band-aid at night and let the site breath while I sleep. Keep my foot elevated as much as possible, and by next Tuesday or so, the healing should be complete, and no further doctor visits should be needed. 

Thank goodness! I really need to get back to my workouts!


Next, my weight has dropped further. In my last blog I forgot to mention that about two weeks ago now, I saw my weight hit a new low of...117 Kgs! I have been bouncing around back up to the mid-118's, but my average weight has been around 117.6 Kgs. That means, since my heaviest water weight, I have now dropped a full  11 Kgs! Much of that weight was from water retention--about 8 Kgs to be exact. The rest has come off as a result of my workouts beginning to kick my metabolism into gear. Aside from seeing muscle growth, getting my metabolism going is a great accomplishment!

For my upcoming 2nd transplant (whenever that is), I have just 6Kgs more to lose, at a minimum. 


I saw my Chiropractor today, and told what I had written in my last entry about the acupuncture at least keeping my headaches from being worse; and he wholeheartedly agreed! He then reminded me of a few times that he was unable to be in his practice, so I would go a week or more without both the spinal adjustment, and the acupuncture, and my headaches went from barely controlled to completely uncontrolled and terribly painful.  So...yeah. It's definitely working!


My energy continues to be a crap shoot from day to day. Since last week, I've actually had several days that I felt somewhat energetic, but couldn't do much because of my healing L big toe. I just appreciate having those days! It reminds me of when I was on dialysis and felt so awful all of the time. I'd wake up one day and feel like I could go do a bunch of things, and would get about doing as much as my poor strength allowed. Those days are always nice when you get them.


I had planned on reshooting pictures of me in order to show my progress; but with being unable to do any exercising for the past couple of weeks, and with Christmas fast approaching, I decided to just wait until January.


I think that that was everything I had wanted to mention, so I'll wrap this up.

Next week, I have labs and my December infusion. IF I have time, I will get those results posted. No promises though.

Last, although a tad early, I wish all of you a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!


Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment