Saturday, June 6, 2020

Transplant Rejection Update (the new title): 06 June 2020

As you see in the title, I have renamed my blog updates to reflect what is happening with the kidney.

Alright...let's get you caught up...

02 Jun 20 Labs

*Creat:   3.53 (+0.59)

*HCT:   35.8 (-0.4) Low

*Hemo:   11.2 (-0.2) IR

*Lymph:   11.4 (+3.8) Low

*Lymph ABS:   0.8 (+0.3) Low

*Neut:   75.5 (+1.3) High

*Neut ABS:   5.3 (+0.7) IR

*RBC:   3.96 (-0.22) Extremely Low

*WBC:   7.0 (+0.8) IR

*BUN:   51 (+10) Extremely High

*CA:   9.9 (+0.3) IR

*GFR:   18 (-7) Extremely Low

*Gluc:   115

*K+:   4.2 (-0.2) IR

*NA+:   137 (-1) IR

*MG:   2.3 (NC) IR

*Phos:   4.6 (+0.5) IR
          NC= No Change     IR- In Range


The obvious and glaring numbers are the Creatinine, BUN and GFR. As these are all connected, it is no surprise with the big jump in the Creatinine that the BUN rose sharply, and the GFR plunged. Anytime the Creatinine jumps the BUN rises, while the GFR drops; and then conversely when the Creatinine drops. At this time these terrible numbers are not yet concerning to the Transplant doctors. I'll explain later.

Next, I finally had that cardiac test (Electrocardiogram) scheduled, and it happened this past Wednesday. Basically, an Electrocardiogram is an ultrasound reading of your heart. There are various measurements taken, blood flow examined, etc. I could see my heart rhythm on the monitor, and the QRS looks perfect, and steady.  It also turns out that my heart is perfectly fine; which rules out any potential cardiac contributions to what is happening with the kidney. 

Then on Thursday I had the next visit with the Kidney Clinic. That is where I learned the results of the Electrocardiogram. Also, the doctors are not yet too concerned about my latest labs due to all of the diuretics I am on, because they cause abnormally high Creatinine, which--as stated above--affects the BUN and GFR. For now I am to continue with my current regimen of meds, and stay with weekly labs so the Clinic can keep an eye on my progress. Unless there is an alarming lab result, I will have another follow-up appointment in one month.

As things have slowly progressed, my non-TMD headaches are increasing. In order to keep within my more limited monthly Rx of T3s, I am using more Excedrin and tolerating a lot of stronger headaches.

My nausea has also gone up. I am now taking (on average) one Zofran about every other day for sudden onset of the nausea. This is no surprise after all of the days and nights I was sick to my stomach both prior to and during dialysis. I am hoping that it won't get too out of hand this time around.

Lastly, after a few more small maintenance checks, I will be ready today to put up my new Bowflex so that I can start using it on Monday. I have decided to start with just a few easy exercises to start out. All will be fairly simple and should have low impact on my abdomen. Those exercises are: Rowing, Leg Press and Lat Pull-downs. The weights are yet to be determined, but will not be heavy by any stretch. 
Knowing my body and exercise, I will be increasing exercises and weights fairly soon. A lot will just depend on how my abdomen feels.

And that is all for today. 

Next week are labs, as well as my June infusion of Belatacept.

I will apprise you of those, and my progress on the Bowflex.

Good Health to All!

ScottW


No comments:

Post a Comment