Wednesday, June 17, 2020

Transplant Rejection Update: 17 June 2020

I had fully planned on updating my blog last week, but my wife and I decided to clean the whole house from top to bottom, and that effort took five days to complete due to my limited energy, as well as errands that had to be run. So,  let's get started...

Labs:

09 Jun 20                                             16 Jun 20

*Creat:   3.38                                      *Creat:   3.11

*HCT:   34.7 (-1.1) Low                     *HCT:   34.4 (-0.3) Low

*Hemo:   11.0 (-0.4) IR                       *Hemo:   10.9 (-0.1) IR

*Lymph:   17.5 (+6.1) Low                 *Lymph:   6.2 (-11.3) Very Low

*Lymph ABS:   1.1 (+0.3) High          *Lymph ABS:   0.4 (-0.7) Very Low

*Neut:   74.5 (-1.0) High                     *Neut:   74.4 (-0.1) High

*Neut ABS:   4.6 (-0.7) IR                   *Neut ABS:   5.2 (+0.6) IR

*RBC:   3.84 (-0.12) Ext. Low             *RBC:   3.80 (-0.04) Ext. Low

*WBC:   6.2 (-0.8) IR                           *WBC:   6.9 (+0.7) IR

*BUN:   54 (+3) Ext. High                   *BUN:   48 (-6) Ext. High

*CA:   9.4 (-0.5) IR                               *CA:   9.1 (-0.3) IR

*GFR:   19 (-1) Ext. Low                      *GFR:   21 (+2) Ext. Low

*Gluc:   116                                            *Gluc:   112

*K+:   4.2 (NC) IR                                  *K+:   3.9 (-0.3) IR

*NA+:   137 (NC) IR                              *NA+:   136 (-1) Low

*MG:   2.1 (-0.2) IR                                *MG:   2.1 (NC) IR

*Prot:   7.3                                               *Prot:   6.9 (-0.4) IR

*Phos:   4.2 (-0.4) IR                               *Phos:   4.1 (-0.1) IR
              NC= No Change     IR= In Range

Two weeks of a mixed bag of results.

As is currently the norm, my Creatinine is jumping all over the place. With the current weeks' result, the BUN dropped and the GFR improved slightly. 
Of course, we see that the Lymphocytes and ABS once again fell precipitously. 
Lastly, because of the rejection, I am once more including the Protein reading as this will once again become relevant as things progress.
All in all, and considering what is happening with my body, the labs aren't too bad. 

Next, my June infusion of Belatacept (Nulojix) went quite well. The IV stick was done only once--which is a rarity--and there have been zero side effects.

My TMD headaches have been consistent; though my non-TMD headaches have increased a bit. 
I continue to tolerate more headache pain in order to preserve my average daily T3 intake at two.
I did have two times in the past two weeks that the TMD headaches grew incredibly intense, requiring my strongest med.

I started using my Bowflex on Saturday. It was a light and abbreviated workout. I completed the following exercises:
-Rowing:   (30 Lbs each arm)   20 Reps
-Leg Press:   (60 Lbs ttl)   20 Reps
-Lat Pull-downs:   (60 Lbs ttl)   20 Reps

Following this workout, I decided to take a couple of days off in order to let my weakened body rest; which is the right call. With as poor as my muscle tone is, and as bad as my stamina is, resting for a day between sets is, for now, what is going to happen. Once I start feeling a bit stronger, I will re-evaluate this approach.

Yesterday, I did my second set, and I already increased the workload:
-Rowing:   (30 Lbs each arm)   40 Reps
-Leg Press:   (60 Lbs ttl)   30 Reps
-Lat Pull-downs:   (60 Lbs ttl)   30 Reps.

After that first workout, the area I felt it most was over both sides of my anterior ribcage. The muscle pain wasn't intense; but just enough to remind me that I had worked muscles that hadn't been used much in almost ten years. The next day however, the discomfort was gone.  And as I had hoped, my chosen exercises did little to impact my abdomen, and I had no discernable pain from the effort.

With the two workouts, I slept better afterwards, as I fully expected. For me, whenever I am in great shape, my sleep is solid and restful; so I am looking forward to better and more restful sleep on a consistent basis as my exercise increases.

And with that, I will wrap up this entry.

I hope that you are all staying safe from the Chinese/Wuhan/Corona/Covid Virus (history will determine a final name, I'm sure), and taking the advised and appropriate temporary measures to keep yourself, your love ones, friends and co-workers safe, as well.

Good Health to All!

ScottW

No comments:

Post a Comment